All Hybrid students
will complete the course content in Pathway 4. (Pathways 1, 2, or 3 may be
completed for extra credit)
Hybrid students will not be required to watch any of the
videos nor complete the online quizzes for these videos. The Hybrid students
will complete chapter MC and Vocabulary exams for up to 30% of their final
Hybrid student will complete
up to 30% of their final grade with online testing. In addition to the required
MC and vocabulary exams, the hybrid student may complete online video quizzes for
each section of each of the required chapter content (1-7, 9-10, 12-14, 16 for
extra credit. The online video quizzes are optional
All online testing for hybrid and
f2f is completed in Blackboard under course content: Required Online Quizzes
Pathway 4 (f2f and Hybrid): Requires
a text . No Mastering program is needed. All online course content testing is
done through Blackboard (up to 29%) and the remaining (71% or more) includes
attendance, class activities, weekly lectures, in-class weekly Path 4 testing,
an in-class midterm exam, an in-class end-term exam and projects as assigned.
Online Delivery System
This course will be delivered using the Blackboard Learn™ course management system.
Blackboard™ Supported Browsers for Blackboard Version 9.1 SP13
Supported Browsers and Operating Systems
to see if your browser and operating system are compatible.
Please note the following when reviewing the Blackboard compatibility ratings.
Compatible: Compatible in most areas, but could have some
Unsupported: Not tested
and not recommended
Reliable and consistent computer and Internet access is
encouraged to successfully participate in and complete online courses. Ensure
that your computer meets the minimum system requirements noted below and on the
Florida State College at Jacksonville Online Learning site (http://www.fscj.edu/academics/online-learning).
Please use the following checklist to determine your computer readiness.
You should own or have access to:
- An email account
- Computer with high speed access to the Internet
- Access to College computers when needed
- Virus-checking software
- Word-processing software
- Software and plug-Ins that may include (choose the
titles for the free downloads)
It is a good idea to check your computer at the beginning of
each course and a couple of times throughout the term to ensure you have all
the necessary software and plug-ins to use the Blackboard online system and
After logging in to Blackboard, choose the Browser Checker link.
Review the results and choose the links to the recommended software.
Please note that you will need to turn off your pop-up
blocker to use all features of this online course.